At Argyle UMC, our mission is to grow together as disciples, working with God, to transform the world one life at a time.
Jesus modeled how to disciple and called us to do the same.
“Then Jesus said to Simon, ‘Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.” -Luke 5:10
Jesus spent quality time with the disciples--he discipled them, nurtured them, and held them accountable. We will be better disciples if we seek the same kinds of relationships Jesus modeled. That’s where DNA teams come in, and we encourage you to join one.
How to find your team
and get started.
FIND YOUR DNA TEAM:
- This is a small group of 2-3 people of the same gender that meet on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis and share the discipling journey together.
- You can ask another Christ-centered friend or reach out to someone you don’t know very well, but feel God calling you to connect with.
SCHEDULE A RECURRING TIME TO MEET:
- Commit to “TRYING 5”— Get together at least 5 times to see where God leads you before committing to a DNA team.
Meeting with your team and building relationships.
DNA MEETING GUIDELINES:
- Before you have your first meeting, make a promise to the team that this is a safe and confidential place.
- Anything that is said with will stay within your team. This will build trust and allow the nurturing.
- Begin your time together sharing what you have heard from God.
- We recommend reading the same scripture between meetings so that you can share what you learned.
- Discuss how the scripture applies to you personally and how you will try to apply it going forward.
questions each meeting.
Spend some time going through the following accountability questions. We’ve provided a few versions of each question, as we know communication styles vary, so feel free to word these questions in a way that is most effective for you. Feel free to add questions too.
- How has fear, anger, anxiety, or addiction shown up this week? How have you struggled with fear, anger, anxiety, or addiction this week? How does this reveal what your focus is besides God?
- How have you wasted your time? How have you mis-prioritized your time?
- Have you felt yourself resisting obeying God this week? Have you missed God’s assignment for you this week? In your workplace? In your community? In your family?
- Is there anyone you need to reconcile with? Is there anyone you are resenting or holding a grudge against?
- How have you struggled with intimacy or sexual temptation? What are you doing to deal with it?
- How has the Holy Spirit been testing and growing you? Have you felt the Holy Spirit? Have you responded in faith or grumbling?
- Is anything (work, technology, stress) isolating you or keeping you from the important relationships in your life?